Building and Structural Surveys
Types of Property Surveys offered in Spain
- General Condition Reports - these involve a visual inspection of all readily accessible areas including a basic test of services. The report describes the condition of the property, identifies any risks and potential legal issues and highlights any urgent defects. It is very suitable for new-build and conventional homes in good condition; no advice or valuation is provided in this survey.
- HomeBuyer Surveys - the survey we offer is similar to the RICS HomeBuyer Report service. It is an intermediate level of property survey, and is much richer in detail than a basic Mortgage Valuation or General Condition Report but less comprehensive and thorough than a Full Building Survey. It does not detail every single aspect of the building, but it does spotlight urgent matters that have a substantial effect on the value of the property and need attending to or further investigation. It will include all major sections of a property that are visible to the surveyor, so they will not lift up floors or carpets and wiring will not be included.
- Building Surveys Spain - this is the most comprehensive property report offered and is more suited to larger or older buildings or those in a poor state of repair.The report provides an in-depth analysis of the property's condition and includes advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.
- Informal Verbal Advice - this is when the surveyor accompanies the purchaser to the property. This service is available on a limited basis, depending on work demand and geographical location.
Surveys and Valuations Spain
- Surveys and Valuations in Spain - this is when we undertake one of the three first survey types described above and include a valuation of the property within the report.